Wednesday, November 2

Halloween

I have to be honest with you, I'm not too into Halloween. It's not all about the ghosts and witches and demons, to tell you the truth, it's mostly about the candy. It's like some crazy sugar over load. Kids and adults (I saw it with my own eyes) walk around from house to house begging for chocolates, hard candy and anything edible and covered in sugar. For months our Halloween candy sits around, being eaten a piece at a time taking up space in my cupboard. I don't want it to seem like I'm complaining, because I'm not about to say I don't love candy. Infact if you really want to make me happy (and fatten me up) send some peanut butter cups my way. Yet for one night candy is all my kids can talk about and it drives complete strangers mad enough into dressing up and asking complete strangers for sticks of Chocolate.

As we made our trek around Myrtle Creek it began to hit me. We traveling from family member to family member to get more candy. It was great to see family, it was great to talk to everyone we saw, ironically enough, as far as our kids are concerned we were just looking for more candy. It was grat to see everyone and thanks for an awesome halloween.

aaron

No comments: