Monday, September 22

Boise State WINS!

Heidi and I got a unique experience together this past weekend. We did something we have never - ever done. We attended an Oregon football game together. In the past, Alex and I have been invited to many a game. We have had opportunity to cheer on those quackers together. Now, I actually got to experience the game in a whole new way, as a visiting fan. That is right, I wore my blue and orange and cheered on the Boise State Broncos.

For the most part, Oregon fans are pretty nice. I didn't yell at them, they didn't yell at me. I was even congratulated after the game in a very kind manner. It was a fun experience, one I won't forget.

I had this date circled on my calendar for quite a long time. I couldn't wait for this game. Truthfully I did not expect the outcome that happened, I was impressed by the poise and the execution of the offense that Boise had. Are you kidding me? No one was giving them a chance.

By the way, pre-game menu consisted of Bellotti BBQ, I had the Beef Brisket and Heidi had the pulled pork sandwiches. Good choice. Half time festivities encouraged us to try curly fries. Bad choice. I think they had been sitting in the warmer since the first quarter of the Washington game. Live and learn.

Our seats were the very very very top row, section 36, next to the sky boxes. Thanks to the sky boxes, we could only see to the 40 yard line, from there we had to look through a couple posts and windows to figure out what was really going on. Is there a bad seat in Autzen stadium? Well, maybe a couple.

So, August 5, 2009 is the rematch. I'm looking forward to it. In fact, I hope to be there in Boise, surrounded by the friendlies. GO BRONCOS GO!

No comments: